Monday, November 2, 2009

I am Saffron

Skaggs, Rachel [12:54 PM]:
name some spices
Clymay[12:55 PM]:
cumin
Skaggs, Rachel [12:55 PM]:
more
Clymay [12:56 PM]:
cinnamon. thyme. basil. fennel seeds. dill. rosemary. cardomon. garlic and onion powder. what else? ooh, chili powder
Skaggs, Rachel [1:04 PM]:
Saffron has a spicy, pungent, and bitter flavor with a sharp and penetrating odor.
Skaggs, Rachel [1:04 PM]:
I am Saffron
Clymay [1:05 PM]:
oh yeah, saffron
Clymay [1:05 PM]:
I thought it was sweet too, no?
Skaggs, Rachel [1:06 PM]:
Saffron is used in French bouillabaisse, Spanish paella, Milanese risotto, and many Middle Eastern dishes
Clymay [1:08 PM]:
that is very interesting, thank you for the information
Clymay [1:08 PM]:
I'll log that away
Skaggs, Rachel [1:08 PM]:
A little pinch goes a long way with Saffron. Use it in Italian risottos, Spanish chicken and rice, French seafood stews and Scandinavian sweet breads.
Clymay [1:08 PM]:
and spahgetti sauce
Skaggs, Rachel [1:09 PM]:
what spice are you?
Clymay [1:09 PM]:
I dunno. But my boyf is curry. He is SPICY hot
Clymay [1:09 PM]:
and delicious
Skaggs, Rachel [1:09 PM]:
hehehehehehweheheheh
Clymay [1:13 PM]:
who thought of this game?
Skaggs, Rachel [1:16 PM]:
me of course
Clymay [1:18 PM]:
why did I even ask?

Today I emailed my manager concerns about my department and possible solutions to fixing those concerns. He took the email very personally. He's there for us to go to when we have concerns, that's his job. Sigh.

There's something physically draining about angering your manager. It just doesn't leave me with a lot of energy to go bounding about when there is the possibility your manager could be plotting your termination. But I had plenty of tootsie rolls left over from Halloween, so I snacked on those for energy and read humorous emails and IM conversations I've saved over the past year and a half.

Random IMs make me happy. And we shall see how the email pans out after Thursday when we meet as a team to discuss it.

2 comments:

  1. First, you are weird.
    Second, your manager must be lame.
    Third, maybe you should be concerned less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Heheheheh. I am weird. Thanks.
    2. My manager is okay, for now. But he will be lame if he doesn't handle this well. It is his job as manager to back us up and improve things.
    3. I'm not all that concerned about losing my job.I know I should care less about improving things, but I can't help it. I've tried to care less, which is why I've keep quiet for almost a year, but now I have to at least try to improve things. I see no point in everyone complaining but never doing anything about it. Yep. I am weird.

    ReplyDelete