Saturday, November 7, 2009

Communicating is a good thing.

Feelings have been tense at work for a while, at least in regards to people enjoying their job and feeling appreciated. But the letter helped diffuse that. We all met and discussed a few aspects of the letter of work concerns and even though nothing changed (because we all agree that my department does not have a magic wand contrary to what other departments think), that it can't change overnight, at least management is more aware of how we feel and how things are perceived. Funny, the two managers kept saying we don't know unless you communicate with us and I wanted to raise my hand and say, "um, what do you think we are doing with this letter? That would be communicating." We will discuss more next week. I am just glad that we got things in the open as an example to everyone, that they neeed to talk to the manager with concerns that really matter to them instead of gossiping about it. I will complain too of course, but I was the one to step up and do something about my complaints. I just don't think you have a right to complain over and over and over again and get all worked up if you aren't willing to do something about it. (In a healthy, let's talk about it way and not a I'm feeling angst let get destructive way.) That was Thursday. Friday I went to my manager about personal experiences that I was worried about and we had a good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment