Thursday, October 27, 2011

Taken for Granted

I know I haven't written in a week and there is a bunch of stuff I should write about but for now: a rundown of my past Sunday.

Left my house at 10 to noon and got a bus from by my house to the tube station. Then took the tube from Hendon Central Station down the northern line, switched to the district line and arrived at Victoria station at 1:20 to then go up top and catch the overground train at 1:38 to the Wandsworth Chapel where we were having Stake Conference. Got off the train and walked a few blocks and found the chapel. Got seated at 1:55, five minutes to spare before it started. I remember the days not so distant when I could sleep through my alarm and roll out of bed at 10 to 9am and still make it to church at 9. The good old days when it didn't take 2 hours to get to church. After conference got out at 4, it took us 2 hours to get to the Bishop's house where a bunch of us newbies to the ward had dinner. Awesome family. He's from Provo, she's from India, they have three very fun kids. They made us Mexican food! Yay! I wasn't sure I'd have that anytime soon. Then I left at 8:30 and got home at 10. What a long day. Going to church used to be so much easier. Especially when I had my own car. Though I would be crazy to try and drive in London.

Other things I will try to post about the next few times:
~Nan, or the mother of the couple I am staying with needing her mental illness medication adjusted, hopefully this will stop the fits of shouting or her referring to me as 'that girl' when she doesn't think I can hear. Hopefully I will be moving out real soon.
~List of books I've had to read for my course. Many of them are weird.
~Pictures. I really should post some. Though most are of the dog Sqweaky.
~Fish pie
~and other assorted British food I've eaten. Really the fish pie was quite tasty; don't judge it by its name.

1 comment: