Sunday, January 15, 2012

Catch Up part 1: Christmas

Okay. So like everything else in my life, I put blogging on hold over the month of Christmas break. For one thing I took off for Germany, then I had Christmas and then I had to finish a 90,000 word novel and write 3 assessments (final papers) for 3 of my masters classes each 2,500 words, which doesn't seem like a lot, but since each paper is worth 100% of my grade I kind of needed to make sure they were good. I have one more due this Tuesday that I have been working on. I'll be glad when it is done.

I know it has been 3 weeks since Christmas, but I still need to recap it. It was amazing. Saturday, day of Christmas Eve, Gloria and David planned an all day FHE which was from 11 to 9 of fun. We sang hymns, read scriptures, played games, went to the woods for a walk where D and G took care of Sqweaky while Matt and I ran about like children chasing each other. Every day over the weekend we took a walk through the woods and inevitably I ended up getting flipped gently to the ground. Serves me right for attacking someone with police training. We also had treasure hunts around the house and planned games and then ended the evening watching Downton Abbey and eating Indian food. Yum. Perfect Christmas eve.

Christmas day the Lloyds went all out on me. I went into the living room with a mound of presents for me. In my family everyone just opens everything as they go but with them each person takes a turn unwrapping a present while the others watch. It was weird to have everyone watching me as I opened my presents to find various dragons! and thermals b/c I am always cold it seems and an electric blanket for my bed (I have it on every night) and pjs to also keep me warm. I got jewelry and chocolate and sweets, candles and bubble bath, a notebook, socks, drawing pencils, etc. Not that presents are the important part, but it just goes to show how awesome the Lloyds are. I had planned to move to England, live on my own and have a small Christmas by myself. Ha! The lord landed me with the most perfectly weird and wonderful family I could imagine living with in England.

Life is good.

Okay. I will be better with blogging this month, this year. Maybe even this week. So check back more often to read up on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment