Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What I Love About Working From Home

1. I get to sleep in. Literally I can roll out of bed at 8:50 and start work at 9.
2. I don't have to wear business clothes. I could work in my pajamas if I wanted, though I usually don't. I prefer wearing jeans. Every day I get to throw on jeans and a tee and I am good to go.
3. I can actually cook myself lunch. At work your only options were buy food, bring precooked or cold food or use the microwave. It limits your options, is more expensive and usually less healthy. But working from home I have an oven and can choose what I want in that moment.
4. I don't have to deal with office politics as much. People sitting around and gossiping and complaining about work. Granted my roommmate and I work in the same department and both from home in the office of our house so we complain to each other, but that is different.
5. I save on gas.
6. No traffic.
7. I can jump on the elliptical for my breaks from work if I wanted. I don't all that often, but knowing the option is there is great.
8. People can't complain about me being too loud because they can't hear me!
9. When the power goes out, it stays out. Yay for no generators. Ok. That only happened once and I used PTO and played games with my roommates, which my manager knew about so I wasn't cheating.
10. My roommate and I can play music in between phone calls.

Just a few things about why I love working from home.

2 comments:

  1. What job do you have?!?! I want it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call Dentists and coordinate their transition from one software to another.

    ReplyDelete