Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oops, I forgot

I'm not normally a forgetful person. I remember what people say and do, even when they argue it didn't happen that way, and I usually have witnesses to back me up. I remember what I am supposed to do, especially when I have a set schedule. But last night I completely forgot to go to institute. I have been going to this class every Tuesday since January and last night I didn't go.

I went to the library to get some books, obviously, and rushed home to read. At 7:35 I looked up from the pages of a lost world, saw the time, and thought to myself, "Am I missing or forgetting something? Don't I normally have something to do on Tuesday nights at this time?" I mentally checked off NCIS, my show that I gave up months ago for institute and to give me more time to write, and then I couldn't think of anything else I needed to do.

At 10 pm I finished my book and went down stairs. My roommates immediately asked why I didn't go to institute, since they know I go every Tuesday like clockwork. I stopped in shock and they thought I was joking when I gasped, "Institute was tonight!?"

I was on a roll this week. Sunday I forgot it was daylight savings and missed the first hour of church. Tuesday I forgot institute. This does not bode well for my Relief Society Lesson on this coming Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment