Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wingardium Leviosa to my Spirits

For years I have been saying it and now it's coming true, though certainly not because of me. They are finally building a Harry Potter land! It isn't opening until Spring of 2010, no set date as yet, but that's only a few months away. I want to go exploring Hogwarts, see Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor common room. I want to stroll down Hogsmeade and get sweats from Honeydukes or joke items from Zonko's. I wonder if they would sell a good mug of butterbeer.

I got bored and tired of work on Thursday, tired of a job that has little fulfillment or enjoyment itself. I enjoy most of the people I work with, but I have no desire to spend the rest of my life on the phone with Dentists that demand the world revolve around them. My mind wandered to better prospects. I could dress up everyday as a witch. I would wear robes and carry a wand. Probably most jobs there wouldn't require you to wear robes, but I would if I could! Or I could dress up as a character-how about Bellatrix!? For an afternoon I pondered my prospects. But ultimately I woudn't want to live in Florida. And besides, their dress code is ridiculous. I would only be able to wear one ring per hand. I can't give up my soul and it's on the hand with the ring I never ever take off, unless that day I am feeling particularly disgusted by raw meat and I don't want it on any of my rings despite washing my hands frequently afterwards.

But for part of a day I dreamt about spending most days in the world of Harry Potter. It was a pretty good dream.

2 comments:

  1. That is a little funny. I actually dreamt a couple nights ago that you got a job as a technical writer. And I was all happy for you in the dream.

    I want to go to Harry Potter land. If only I was all single and carefree with money to spend. But, I do have a baby and a husband, so I feel pretty good about life even without Harry Potter land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets do our pahty reunion there! That would make my life sooooooo wonderful. Plus the title of this post is pretty much the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete