Thursday, December 15, 2011

Novels I Read for My MA

In no particular order:
The Owl Service
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
I am Legend
World War Z
Clockwork Orange
Virgin Suicides
Behind the Scenes at the Museum
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
Wicked
Moll Flanders
Going Postal
The High Way Men
New Moon's Arms
A Pack of Liars
The Warden

This list does not include all the short stories and the non-novel books I had to read (Or the ones I will still have to read-that were on the list for supplemental reading and will be good for my thesis but I never got around to reading this term.)

My favorites were:
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
Behind the Scenes at the Museum
A Pack of Liars
High Way Men

And I actually liked I am Legend better than the movie. It was slow in the middle but the ending is loads better than the movie. It was surprising that I liked it better. I also liked New Moon's Arms for the most part. There were just a few bits that were hard to handle: the main character's homophobic tendencies which were a reaction to being rejected by her gay best friend who she was totally in love with. I had to set the book down and walk away during those moments when she was flipping out and saying horrible things.

But classes ended Tuesday night and I don't have to go back to Uni until Jan. 9th! Yay! I am heading to Germany this weekend for the Christmas Markets then I am coming back here to spend Christmas with the Lloyds and will post more then!

No comments:

Post a Comment