Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This Side of Christmas

For Christmas I decorated my desk at work. Deep blue wrapping paper with snowflakes everywhere. Then I strung tinsel criss crossing across the top with bulbs dangling from it. Yesterday I finally had time to take it down and pack it away for next year. Now my beige-topped desk reflects back at me, too bright and bare and boring. What is there to look forward to in January? I got used to frequent vacation times during November and December but the next company given holiday isn't until May.

Guess I'll have to arrange my own fun. Hmm, I could play with my Christmas presents: Munchkin and my continual need for the sneaky bastard sword, or Guillotine where I get points for who I send to the front of the beheading line, or I could whip out my blowgun and darts and practice my aim.

Things are looking better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment